Wednesday, February 10, 2010




























Daily A~Musing #10:  Funny Commercials 

When bigwig executive-types in tall buildings in large cities 
get together with their ace marketing and media teams, there is only one item on their agenda: 

"What would Maevon do?" 

The sad and embarrassing truth is, I'm a total lollipop for 
advertising.  If it's cute, clever, intriguing, unique, funny, 
interesting, or just something I've never seen before that I 
don't really need or want, but it comes in this really cool shaped bottle...I'll buy it.

"Hello.  My name is Maevon and I'm an ad-a-holic." 
Don't worry, I'm a professional.  I'm therapizing myself on 
this.  I've identified my triggers, researched coping mechanisms and I've implemented a crisis plan, particularly for those times when I don't have any money.  

The good news is... 

I can still watch the commercials.  AAAAnnnnd...I don't have to buy anything. Particularly when the commercials I really like are for things that aren't cute, clever, intriguing, unique, funny, interesting or something I've never seen before that I don't really need or want...




"...but look at this cool bottle!  And look, the label 
says, 'Try me," like this little bottle is desperate to 
come home with me! Awww...I know I
never eat hot sauce, but it's sooooo cute!" 

So, in the spirit of the annual ritual of ridiculously expensive 
commercials aired on Superbowl time that people tend to talk about more frequently than the game itself, I hope you
enjoyed the previously presented chuckles.

No comments:

Post a Comment