Monday, April 5, 2010

Daily A~Musing #55: Cherry Pickers

I saw a cherry picker in downtown Auburn this morning on my way into work.  (Cherry Picker=hydra lift, bucket truck, spout, etc.~not to be confused with jackasses who hangout out underneath the basket waiting to get an easy score while the rest of the team sweats out a defense.)  I always smile when I see those cuz they look like so much fun.  (You people who can't stand heights...look away.)
They're way cooler than ladders, yes?  I've seen some construction companies use them in winter to hoist their xmas trees for impressive displays as well.  Pretty handy to have one of your own, apparently.  Of course...I had Tonka trucks when I was little, so they make me think of playing in the dirt with my toys.  (Yup, definitely the quintessential tomboy.  And yet, loved the Barbies.  A mystery, that.)

I'm thinking maybe for my fortieth bday next year, I'll rent one and string it with sparkly lights.  I'll park it somewhere in Ft. Williams park in Cape Elizabeth and hire a swingin' band to play all my fave retro songs while I go-go dance in a lime green tuxedo up high in the air.  Now THAT'S a shindig I KNOW you'll want to attend.  

We can have an "all-cherry concoctions" buffet and  bright cherry red balloons.  Yayy!  Ooo!  OOOooo!! And lucky lucky peeps can draw a doorprize of bungee jumping from the platform of the picker!  
Wooohoooo! 

I am SO making some calls about this tomorrow. 

2 comments:

  1. Okay, if you rent a cherry picker and go-go dance, I am so TOTALLY there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just in case anyone has noticed, I'm having problems with my computer and can't get into this thing very often lately. I'm working on it. I may have to switch to another feed.

    ReplyDelete