Sunday, March 7, 2010

Daily A~Musing #35: Verdigeld, Gender-Neutral Dragon of Justice

Wherever there is gender-bias, gender conflict and tasty flocks of sheep, you'll find


V E R D I G E L D
Gender-Neutral Dragon of Justice!!
(prounounced VARE-dih-GELD)
When I first met Verdigeld, its rainbow-colored armor dazzled me from its perilous perch in a local shop.  My husband convinced Verdigeld to make its home with us between saving-the-world-from-gender-bias gigs and sheep-stealing forays.  (It has its own sheep now, so it's kicked the sheep-stealing habit.)  Verdigeld makes me happy because it forces me to think otherly.  

Whenever
I see
bathroom signs,
I wonder...
what if I was questioning my gender?   What if my gender was not clearly defined in my head OR my pants?  Why are we still segregating our genders into different bathrooms anyway?  Does it really matter that much where we wee?  More importantly, when aliens finally arrive to save us all from doom in the 11th hour of our sad, failing planet, will we still be clinging to the concept of gender?  Because, it is~in truth~just a concept.  An idea.  Something created by us human beings...that could, just as easily, be CHANGED by us human beings.  Not that I believe in gender eradication necessarily.  More like gender expansion and acceptance.  Yup.  That's what I believe.  








Because
this is
nice-looking fella
named Alexander...







And this is a nice-looking
chiquita named Patricia



And neither of them was born the gender they choose now.




I'm not preaching.  
I'm just talking
about my pet dragon
who just so happens
to be...




VERDIGELD~
Gender-Neutral Dragon of Justice!!

datdadaDAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

EVERYONE-ISTS UNITE!

No comments:

Post a Comment